Last Updated: 12/23/2019
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of our websites, create a profile, sign up to receive newsletters and coupons, submit a recipe, search for stores that sell our products, place product orders with us, provide us with feedback, communicate with us via third party social media sites, participate in a contest or promotion or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, birth month and day, email address, credit card number and payment information, billing address, shipping address, phone number, photograph, product interests, your messages to us, information about products you have purchased from us, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our websites, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the websites, including the type of browser and operating system you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address the page you visited before navigating to our websites.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the websites, including the operating system and version, and network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that, among other things, help us improve our websites and your experience, see which areas and features of our websites are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our websites or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our websites.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our websites;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Respond to your requests, comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Help you locate stores near you that carry our products;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Continental Mills and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our websites;
- Personalize and improve the websites and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With your consent or at your direction;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out their work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Continental Mills or others; and
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, restructuring, reorganization, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The websites may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our websites with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
If you have an account on any of our websites, you may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account and modifying the settings/information in your profile. If you wish to delete your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.